Friday, January 9, 2009

Manje

Creole for "food" because I don't know the word in Kiswahili...

We slaughtered and are roasting a goat tonight over an open fire for dinner.

I may become a vegetarian after this.

The goat was so cute...

3 comments:

  1. I read your blog posts to Zoe and Ashlie last night and showed them where you were at on a map. Zoe was really interested and loved the story about seeing the giraffe. She also said we need to go there for the warmer weather.

    As far as this post goes...I guess between you, Matt and Fiona, we're going to have to have Tofurky at the next Makowski Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like market day in Baudin! Everything so far sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't do the Tofurky! haha I did it this year, Iz, and it's not so good. But Matt, Scott, and I are happy you're becoming a vegetarian with us! :) Welcome to the dark side... there is no turning back.

    ReplyDelete